After everyone is stuffed to the gizzards with the traditional turkey feast, most of us are left with a nice, long four-day weekend to fill. Here at Buyer At Large, where you’ll find top selling gifts for women, we’d certainly love you to start your holiday shopping with us. But if you’re not quite ready to embrace the next mega-holiday, we understand. So here are some fun family activities to make the most of your holiday time together:
1. Watch The Macy's Parade. Gather around the TV for this wonderful holiday tradition, on NBC from 9AM to noon in all time zones. Watch for the giant character balloons, celebrities, marching bands, and more.
2. Get outside. Sure, you’re entitled to a nap after all the meal prep and turkey tryptophan. But before or after the big meal, find some time to get some fresh air. Sign up for a Turkey Trot — many cities have short, fun marathons for kids and grownups. Or, if it’s cold enough, build a bonfire, a snowman, or strap on some ice skates.
3. Do a craft. You know what they say about busy hands. Stock up with kits from your local craft store, or use what you have on hand to create something. Decorate ornaments or start to make holiday gifts for sisters or unique gifts for mom or for dad.
4. Have a game tournament. Build a fire, get out the snacks, and dig out all those board games and decks of cards. Find out whom in your family is really good at Scrabble or Monopoly or ping pong.
5. Give back. Plan ahead to volunteer at a local charity, such as a soup kitchen. Or be spontaneous — clean out some closets to donate to a thrift store, or rake an elderly neighbor’s yard. It’s a great way to recognize all the blessings you have.